Posted by: NATASHA | 2009-07-27

Hi I suffer from really painful periods. I was told that there is a part in your foot that you massage that helps ease the pain. please can you advise me on this

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Hello Natasha

The previous reply is correct - the inner ankle area represents the uterus. Maybe you can also look at your diet - if you mimise starch and sugar from your diet (plus minus) 4 - 5 days before you start menstrating - seems to ease the pain too.

Warmest regards,

Posted by: Doep | 2009-10-15

Ek het n jaar gelede pyn en snaakse gevoel in my regterkanste ledemate ondervind, allerande ander simptome het navore gekom. Ek was by verskeie spesialiste, maar hulle kon geen diagnoses maak nie.

Ek het gaan oplees oor sklerose en gevind dat baie van my simptome ooreenstem.

Die laaste dr by wie was is n neurioloog.Hy het MRI laat doen,bloedtoetse vir kwikvergiftiging, lewerfunksies,bloedtelling,veelvuldige sklerose en verskeie ander, maar alles normaal.

Is dit so dat slegs n lumber punch die enigste toets wat teen alle twyvel kan bewys dat jy nie die siekte het nie.

Reply to Doep
Posted by: LN | 2009-07-29

Reflexology is excellent for menstrual problems.
The area just below the inner ankle bone is the reflex pt for the uterus (occurs on both feet). Reflexology treatment in this area (as well with other associated areas) just before menses will decrease menstrual pain significantly. Important is to establish the underlying cause (eg endometriosis, hormonal etc) and to treat this holistically.

Best of luck

Reply to LN