Posted by: Mary | 2008-11-04

I have ' Diverticulae Disease'  (blisters on my colon) what can I use for pain please.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Mary,
During an acute attack of diverticullitis, your health care provider may recommend a temporary low-fibre diet. Once the inflammation clears, you may slowly, you may slowly switch back to a high-fibre diet.

On the day of an acute attack, take 4 charcoal tablets or capsules with a large glass of water to absorb trapped gas. Always take charcoal seperately from medications and other suplements, and do not take for prolonged periods, as it absorbs beneficial nutrients.

To releive pain, massage the left side of the abdomen. Stand up and do stretching exercises.

When an acute attack begins, give yourself a cleansing enema using 2 quarts of lukewarm water and the juice of a fresh lemon. This helps to rid the colon of undigested and entrapped foods and to releive pain.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath

Posted by: Mary | 2008-11-05

Thanks very much. Your feedback highly appreciated.

Reply to Mary