Posted by: Erina | 2009-04-06

paid under arm and in shoulder blade

Please can you give advice. I had a pain now for two days, pushing up under my left arm slightly towards the breast area and also in my shoulder blade on the left, the pain comes and goes all the time and when the pain is at its most intense it feels that I want to burp, when I do then there is a relief for a while , could this be a heartburn issue and why is is located in that area and why for so long? I do know I have a valve problem, it does not close properly, was wondering if it is that . This is really sore and is very uncomfortable, you just want to sit still and not move.

Dear Erina
This could be a heart related pain and I think you should rather see your doctor for an examination and possibly and ECG. Heartburn usually gives a burning pain in the middle of the chest with acid reflux.