Question
Posted by: anne | 2009-11-24

paedophile

my ex-husband sexually molested my younger sister when she was 11 yrs old. it has all come out in the open now- she is now 34 yrs old and does not want to press charges. i have made a statement to the child protection unit and am under enormous pressure from my ex' s new wife who believes he is innocent. she refuses to define him as a paedophile as he has convinced her of his innocence. (he did confess to me when we were married hence the divorce). i am worried about my grandchildren one day (my daughter is 21 and my son is 16). Was i correct in making the statement and if not what else or what more can i do. my sister says there was two episodes, my ex insisted it only happened once. please help

You will always question your decision to come out and expose the father of your children. Your sisters decision not to press charges has also led to the uncertainity in you . You salvation will always lie in your conviction that you made a decision to expose what is deviant and unacceptable to norms of sexual behaviour. As clarity will not prevail as there will not be an inquiry you will have to accept what your sister says at present.

4
Posted by: sexologist | 2009-11-25

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: sexologist | 2009-11-25

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Woman | 2009-11-24

You never have to be afraid to stand up for what is right. Whenever you feel like softening you heart and just letting it go, just imagine a little girl, alone with a man in a room. She' s crying, she' s so afraid, and so alone. She' s your sister, a little girl, alone, innocence taken away by HIM! So now you do what a big sister should do - Kick his ass!!!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Victim | 2009-11-24

Report him. There is no excuse. I was a victim and no matter what anyone say, it is hell on some level or the other dealing with it. He has to be stopped. It took me decades of unneccesary pain and worry and guilt to finally deal with it, but it NEVER ends. Go on with your charges etc. and all the best

Reply to Victim