Question
Posted by: Sarie | 2009/06/13

Pacemaker

How do i take care of the my husband who had a pacemaker implanted three days ago? Can the wound get wet? Can I open it to see if it looks ok? What are negative signs to be aware off. He does not have an appetite and it feels as the rythm of his heart is not in sync with his breathing.

Sarie

You can wet and clean your husband's wound and ensure that there is no redness of the wound or the surrounding area. His breathing and pulse will not be in sync with his breathing, as your breathing rate is 12 to 16 per minute and your pulse 60 per minute.