Question
Posted by: Tam | 2011/05/17

Pace walking on treadmill

Hi Doc,
I previously used to run on my treadmill for atleast 5km''s perday, but due to a very sharp pain in my knee i have down graded to pace/fast walking at 7.5speed for 5km''s on my treadmill. i do try to do this on a daily basis.
Is this enough excercise for a young adult or should i include other activity? i am very self concious about my tummy. does fast waling have a benefit to tummy work out??

thanx tam

Hi Tam

It's a place to start, but of course if you can improve, the you see more results. The problem you're experiencing (the stomach) is a tough one to overcome and it usually requires more exercise, and so I do think that if you can increase your training volume and intensity, it will be better for you.

That's not to say that you're wasting your time, because you're not. But that knee problem shouldn't keep you from doing what you can do - and you know that you could do 30 minutes a day of running, so that should be the aim to return to. Which means sorting out that knee injury.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/05/23

Hi Tam

Reply to fitnessdoc