Posted by: ella s | 2008-12-04

ozone therapy - medizone

I would like to know if this product is viable and safe to use - also does it cure or alleviate a host of health situations such as allergies, muscle aches, pains etc

thank you

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Ozone therapy devices have not been shown convincingly by reputable studies to result in positive health effects. There is some anecdotal evidence that they work, but this is controversial and not sufficient for most conventional medical bodies to endorse them.

Ozone therapy as used to treat cancer and other conditions has also not been shown to be effective to a reliable degree, and the risks are of concern to many medical scientists.

At a certain concentration in the air, ozone can in fact have negative health effects, of which lung damage is one. At higher levels, ozone can reduce the levels of certain pollutants in the air - but then it can also react with other molecules to produce more pollutants. The chemistry of atmospheric ozone is highly complex and not fully understood; at high levels in the lower atmosphere ozone is considered a pollutant, and is a component of smog.

I'm not sure which one of the devices you're referring to or what the levels of ozone produced are - but the levels are likely to be quite low, in which case it's unlikely to do harm - but then it won't have any effect on air quality either and will be just a waste of money.

Posted by: zoe | 2009-02-11

Well, I Ozone uses oxygen. That' s a fact. Have you ever wondered why when rushed to the emergency room in hospital at a critical stage (accident or whatever decease) you are given Oxygen?
Well, Oxygen helps your body in so many ways, it flushes away impurities, improves your breathing system, your bool does not clot, infact it circulates. O zone products aims to assist blood circulation . Their products are good!

Reply to zoe