Question
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/12/09

Own diet

good afternoon doctor,doctor i followed your slimming diet and it helped me lose 2kg but the problem is i get hungry quickly and i dont want to eat my vegetables just boiled,i want to flavour it.i also dont like milk and joghurt,is there anything that i can substitute milk and joghurt with but it must not be expensive.so i decided to make up my own personal diet that suits my eating habits and pocket cause diets is expensive and i get hungry constantly i just want to know will it help me lose weight,what is short or what must i take out of my personal diet.It is as follows:

Morning
a bowl of instant oats
a apple

Midmorning snack
3 provitas

Lunch
2 wholewheat bread
2 teaspoons sunshine D meduim fat spread
2 teaspoons mozarella or cottage cheese
3 slices of tomato or 1 cup (cup a soup with 1 wholewheat bread with 2 teaspoons sunshine D medium fat spread)
apple

Afternoon snack
homemade popcorn(a small bowl of popcorn)

Supper
1 Chicken breast(i prepare the chicken in the microwave without any oil or i cook it without the skin and bake it with that spray and cook)
1 cup brown rice
1 cup spinace(made with onions,2-3 teaspoons sunshine D fatspread and a beefstock,but i make the spinach in big quantities and freeze it, at night i just warm it up and dish up 1 cup for me and freeze it again)
or instead of spinace i take 1 cup of sweet patato(can i add sugar to it?)
1 cup salad(either green leaves with cucumber with added vinegar or2 teaspoon low fat sallad dressing or tomato with onions with added vinegar or 2 teaspoons low fat salad dressing)
apple

midnight snack
1 teaspoon peanut butter

i drink 8 glasses of water
and exercise 30-45 minutes a day(either on the treadmill,rope skipping or tae-bo)

Dear Liezel
All the slimming diets on this Website are just examples, so you are free to make any changes you like to include your favourite foods or to add herbs, spices, lemon juice, etc to increase the taste. The diet you describe is reasonable and should still promote weightloss esp as you are doing plenty of exercise. However, the reasons why the milk and yoghurt have been included, are as follows: Research has shown that individuals who increase their calcium intake from low-fat dairy products lose more weight than individuals who avoid all dairy products and these foods are included to ensure that slimmers still obtain about 1000 mg of calcium a day to prevent brittle bone syndrome. So if you don't like milk and yoghurt, you either need to use low-fat cottage cheese as a substitute or take calcium supplement such as MenaCal.7 to ensure that you don't develop a calcium deficiency. You can add non-nutritive sweeteners to foods that you would like to sweeten (e.g. Canderel) after cooking.
Good luck with your diet and keep up the good work with the exercise.

3
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/12/10

Thank you very much doctor for the advice and tips.Your a " star" .I really appreciate it that you dont get tired of all our questions.People like you really needs to be acknowledge and appreciated.

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: Jessy | 2010/12/10

Too much butter

Reply to Jessy

Dear Liezel