Question
Posted by: an0n1 | 2009-07-10

owl dream

i had a dream that a big owl attacked me so i attacked it back and it fell down, then it flew up onto a tree above me then dropped dead.

does this mean anything?

No. Most of the "meanings" of dreams published online and in books are nonsense, invented by authors to make money by selling books. In some ways our brains work like computers, and like a computer needs a "defrag" type action ; which it does in sleep and in dreaming. And the process includes all sorts of images and ideas we have come across over the years, without any necessary meaning at all ; just as when you run a defrag on your computer, with most varieties of defrag program you can watch it make patterns as it moves the little bits of data around and tidies them up.
And we can tell, when someone sleeps with an EEG gadget attached ( which draws patterns of tiny electrical activity i the brain ) when someone is dreaming. And we dream through most of the night, never remembering most of them at all. It's only hatever we ae dreaming just before we wake, for whatever reason we wake, that we may remember, and even then, not for long.

3
Posted by: wally | 2009-07-10

hi cs

i dont agree entirely with what your saying, are you saying that dreams have no meaning or message because if so according to many religions (christianity and judeaism for example) the belief system is that God communicates with people through dreams.... we all know the examples of people who have dreamed things that occured in real life.... so there seems to be a connection with a persons soul/spirit world/God during dream time..... you do believe in the soul right?

Reply to wally
Posted by: an0n1 | 2009-07-10

i read online if you dream an owl dies that means you have narrowly escaped death and or darkness

Reply to an0n1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-07-10

Sometimes it means something like I dreamt about doing something with one of my aftercare children so I suppose I' m missing him. And I also dreamt something I can' t remember and I thought I might be paranoid and thats all I could recall.

Reply to Zexeon