Posted by: peep | 2009-08-27

Hi cyberdoc, I burnt myself with a match and then purposely peeled all the skin off, just one of those lame moments but my hand is so so sore and inflamed all around.Have put bactroban on the burn but its not helping the pain and its too raw and grose to not wear a plaster.Any suggestions or is what im doing correct?

Deer Peep
Put Bactroban on and paraffin gauze over this, with normal gauze and a bandage ( or ask the sister at the clinic at the pharmacy to dress the wound for you) You can take something like Mypaid capsules for the pain ( if you are not allergic to the ingredients) Let a sister or doctor look at the wound every 3-4 days to ensure that it does not get secondary infection - you won't want to develop blood poisoning!