Posted by: Melissa | 2009-09-03

I had a miscarriage and had my period 7 weeks after and 35 days after that had another period. this is the 1st time that i have had my period without the pill, because i have pcos. does this mean that my cycle is regular and that i am ovulating. if so when will will i ovulate on a 35 day cycle?

Dear Melissa

The fact that you have spontaneously got your period does not necessarily mean that your cycle is regular nor does it mean that ovulation is taking place. One will have to do further testing to ascertain if you are ovulating. If in a 35-day cycle the day of ovulation would be 14 days before the next menstruation that would be day 21 which would be your day of ovulation in a 35-day cycle.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo