Question
Posted by: Sunbaby | 2009/08/25

Ovulations

My periods are really long and can range fron 10 - 14 days. All the ovulation charts work from the day you start your period, how can i work out when Im ovulating according to last day of period?

Dear Sunbaby

The calculation will depend on your actual cycle length and not necessarily the bleeding phase. Ovulation normally occurs exactly 14 days prior to the onset of menstruation and therefore you would be able to calculate backwards as to what day of your cycle you are most likely to ovulate. Allow for a 2-day variation on either side of the calculated day.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim