Question
Posted by: Mona | 2009-03-26

Ovulation/Cycle

I would just like to know - I have been TTC 4 years now, no success.
I was checked by my Gynae, and there is nothing physically wrong with me or with my husbands S.A. I have always had a cycle around 28 to 30 days.
I was then put onto Fertomid last month - my cycle started 10 Feb, on CD5 I took the Fertomid. Obviously did not fall pregnant, coz my period started 9 March - one day before my period was due. I have not taken Fertomid this month. But this month around ovulation time, I had more discharge than usual. The egg white type one is supposed to get around ovulation time. Could the Fertomid have caused this, or is it possible that I could actually be ovulating properly now?

Dear Mona

It is often noted that after using any form of fertility induction agent that some patients become more fertile naturally and I would certainly advise you to continue trying the natural route for this month. However in view of the prolonged infertility history I would certainly suggest that not all investigations have been done since only a very small portion of fertility problems remain unexplained with current investigative means. Were there could be a fertilization factor that is considered then, in-vitro fertilization may be one way of ruling out such a problem.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim