Question
Posted by: Nads | 2008/08/26

Ovulation Test Result

I' m bought an ovulation test at the pharmacy, I did 2 tests already and both had one dark and one light line. On the test paper said if there appears 2 lines it is positive. But should it be both dark lines to be sure that you' re ovulating, or does' t it matter about the darkness of lines?? Please help / advise.

Dear Nads

The two lines that appear and if one is dark and the other is light this only indicates that the test was done correctly but ovulation has not yet taken place. However on the day that both lines are dark this will then indicate that ovulation is about to take place.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Nads | 2008/08/27

Thanks LN. I' ve checked and the (T) line is a lighter shade than the (C) line. Another thing is, how many times a week should you take the test. Or should you only test yourself once a week??

Reply to Nads
Posted by: LN | 2008/08/27

The test line (T) should be the same shade or darker than the control (C) as a positive indication of LH surge. Ovulation normally occurs about 36 hours later

Reply to LN