Posted by: BANE | 2009-09-17

Ovulation test kits

Hi Doc, how relyable are the ovulation test kits(OTK), because i hv a 27day cycle and me and hubby done every test there is to be done the last test i did was the hysterosalpingogram, and all was well,we are both cappable of concieving, so now i use the OTK to see my ovulation, arcording to the tests I ovulate on CD15, but its been 3 months now since using the OTK and nothing is happening. we hv been trying to give our 5yr old daughter a sibbling for 2yrs now, what are we doing wrong and how relyable are they OTK, or maybe there are more test out the to be done??
we hv sex every second day and my husband doesnt take a bath anymore just cool showers and now that its wamer he says he' l be taking cold showers.

Dear Bane

The ovulation test kits are reasonably reliable but are not 100%. They can occasionally be falsely positive or falsely negative. The fact that you do have a child is a good sign that you have the ability to conceive. Do not be too much in a rush; occasionally it does take longer than normal. If you have been trying for longer than a year and have still not conceived and everything else is normal then you benefit from intrauterine insemination cycles.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Neli G | 2009-09-21

Hi Bane, wishing you, hubby and daughter all of the best. We are also trying for about three years, we have a 5 year old daughter. We conceived her after 4 years so I am still hopefull however have made a appointment with Fertility Expert next week for some help. Take care

Reply to Neli G