Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010-03-26

ovulation test &  contraceptive pill, correct test results crucial.

I''m 39, childless &  have fibroids. My gynae recommended a hysterectomy but said he could perform a myomectomy as I want to try to get pregnant, he advised an ovulation test first. I have been taking Yaz contracetive pill (as I''ve been having recurring ovarian cysts) for the past 5 months and stopped taking it 6 days ago, the ovulation test is in 15 days time. Is that enough time for the pill to be out of my system? I am worried that it won''t be and that I''ll have a false test result. It is crucial that I''m certain the results are accurate as I will go ahead with a hysterectomy if I am no longer ovulating. Please help.

If the test sows that you have not ovulated, it might be an effect of the Pill and you could then repeat it in a month or two. If it shows that you have ovulted then you have your answer.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-03-28