Posted by: di | 2009-04-07

ovulation signs

What are the signs of ovulation?am having this sharp pain on my left abdomen,especially when I immediately stand up.Including the days of my periods this is day 14.

Dear Di

Some woman will have symptoms related to ovulation while other woman will not have any symptoms when ovulation is taking place. The symptom that may present is unilateral lower abdominal pain at or around the time of ovulation in the lower abdomen around the side where the egg is about to be released. This pain is usually felt on around Day 14 of a regular menstrual cycle. There are also some changes in the vaginal discharge that may be present at around the same time.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo