Question
Posted by: Doodles | 2011/02/02

Ovulation Predictor queston.

Hi Dr

I would like to know why OPK urine tests that check for the LH Surge are 100% postive virtually right through my cycle? I don''t beleive this is normal as the LH surge is supposed to graduate until ovulation. Does this mean I don''t ovulate? I have been trying for a 2nd baby for 12 months again. First time round 18 months and 3 rounds of clomid.

Dear Doodles

The urine test kits for a LH surge are highly sensitive but not as specific and therefore may give you the occasional false positive results. The most common reason for getting a false positive result is if you a high baseline LH level. This normally occurs in patients who have some evidence of polycystic ovarian syndrome [PCOS]. In patients with PCOS the LH test kits are therefore not that accurate. I would suggest that you try another test either a basal body temperature shift more ideally serial ultrasound to assess if follicular growth is occurring.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: tralliertn | 2011/02/15

Reply to tralliertn
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/08

Dear Doodles

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert