Question
Posted by: Bee | 2011/11/08

Ovulation pains

Hi there Doctor,

Thank you very much for the previous advise.

I am concerned as I normally had ovulation pains every month, but the previous two months I did not feel anything.

Is it possible that I stopped ovulating?

Thank you kindly,
Bee

Dear Bee

The fact that you are still seeing your menstrual cycle regularly but are not having ovulation pain may not necessarily mean that you have stopped ovulating; the chances are high that you are still ovulating.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

4
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/11/20

Dear Bee

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Mary | 2011/11/10

I think the best is to go and have a progesterone test to establish whether you are ovulating or not. Good luck!!

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Bee | 2011/11/09

Hi there Mary,

Are you serious? I was hoping that the ovulation pain is an indication that I ovulate. Not good news at all!

I guess best will be that I go to the doctor for a blood test.

Thanks for replying  -)

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Mary | 2011/11/08

I have ovulation pains every month, but do not ovualate. So I am sure that ovuation pain does not guarantee ovuluation and visa versa

Reply to Mary