Question
Posted by: Tess | 2010/09/13

Ovulation issue?

I am 34 yrs. Having always had normal periods (not light, not heavy but always painful), I was surprised that in July they were extremely light - had all types of tests at gynae and all negative. The next period (Aug) was ''normal''. The next (being this month Sept) they are ''different'' . They started on time, but the first 2 days bright red colour with ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN (I have never experienced this). What interests me is that I always always know when I''m ovulating (due to discomfort), but this month and last I had no ''ovulation symptoms''. I did however have the usual headache and tender breasts since before the start of this period. Is this possibly something to do with ovulation? I suffer extreme anxiety and stress. Is it possible, I am not ovulating anymore (or only every second month)? Do the ovaries alternate in ovulation? Can one still experience pms if you dont ovulate? If one ovary is dysfunctional does the other take over? Please assist. Many thanks,

It is possible that you did not ovulate for one or two months. This does not mean that the pattern will continue.The ovaries do tend to alternate ut not necessarily regularly every second month. You can still have PMS symptoms, but this is more likely if you ovulate. If one ovary is not working, the other will take over.

1