Question
Posted by: cb | 2008/08/06

ovulation detection kit- confused-preg?

Hi. I have a cycle of anything between 33-36 days. We are ttc, and i also use the ovulation kits. I tested on day 21, and i was ovulating. And the 2 days before that i had a slight brown discharge. Apparently that is an ovulation bleed? We also " did the deed"  just before the bleed and on day 21 (the day i tested) It is now 18 days after i ovulated and i still have no period. Did an hpt on day 16, and it was negative. How many days after the detection kit says you are ovulating should you start your period? According to my knowledge it is 14 days? Could someone please shed some light on this. Very confused. Am i maybe preganant. should i test again?

IT is best to test again. If you test too early it can be negative even if you are pregnant.