Question

Ovulation date on Fertimed

I have been on two cycles of fertimed. The first time I took one table a day for 5 days starting on day three and did not ovulate. The second time the doc said I should take two for 7 days. starting on day 4. On CD 24 I ovulated which was determined by a blood test. I however got my mensus on Cd 32 which was 7 days after ovulation. I started again my mensus. Day 1 was yesterday. Dr said I can use clomid again starting on day 3 for 7 days (2 tablets a days) as I ovulated nicely the last time I was taking it like this. My question is - which days will I be ovlating? Again on CD 24? Any advise is highly appreciated.

It is difficult to predict when you will ovulate on CLomid. The best plan is for your doctor to do follicle scans from around Day 10.

2

Yes I have PCOS but the Dr did not prescribe any progesterone suplliments. If I dont take the suppliments will it affect by chances of falling pregant? I have had a succesful natural pregnancy two years ago and conceived without any assistance but I was on contraceptives for 1 year prior to trying for a baby and fall pregant within the first three months

Posted by: Dee | 2009-06-02

Most probably on CD24 or maybe earlier. You must take progesterone supplements (ask your doc) to prolong the time after ovulation. A fertilised egg cannot implant in such a short time and this may be your issue. Have you been tested for PCOS?

Reply to Dee