Question
Posted by: Cherry Blossom | 2010/01/14

Ovulation cycle  AI &  sperm donors.

My wife and I would like to start trying to fall pregnant in the next 3 months. My cycle is 28 days regular. I would like to know what day/s from day 1 of my menstrual cycle should I start testing to see if I am ovulating? Also, what brand of " sticks"  would you recommend I purchase to test this from the pharmacy?

We have also made enquiries at Medfem clinic regarding sperm donors only to discover there are under 20 on the books, most of which are not from the ethnic background we would prefer. Are there other sperm donor facilities in Gauteng or nationally that cater for Gay women, who are looking specifically for a Caucasian donor?

What would one recommend? Thank you, in advance for the feedback.

Dear Cherry Blossom

In a regular 28-day cycle the day of ovulation is normally day-14. There are many commercially available ovulation test stripes the most common one being Clearplan. One would need to start testing from day-10 of your cycle. There is a sperm bank located in Parktown, contact number 0114842695. They will probably be able to help you there.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: DORAH | 2010/01/21

Hi please assist me i being trying to fall pregnat since last year june but with no success ,my period only last for 3 day ,please tell me when is the perfect time to try.

Reply to DORAH
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/18

Dear Cherry Blossom

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert