Question
Posted by: Nash | 2010-09-30

ovulation and preggies test

Quick question…  my cycle is 24 days long…  my last period was on the 12th of Sep…  I should have ovulated on the 22nd. I used a ovulation predictive test last night…  it showed two distinct lines…  I then used a pregnancy test that only showed one line…  I believe the ovulation kit can also pick up the pregnancy hormones…  could I be pregnant? Are the ovulation tests more sensitive???

Dear Nash

It is too early for your ovulation test kit or your pregnancy kit to check if a pregnancy has occurred. Your ovulation test kit is not more sensitive to assess for pregnancy, however you need to do a urine pregnancy test on the day you are expecting your period or you can do it one or two days prior to that and this will be the earliest for you to detect on the urinary test kit whether a pregnancy has occurred or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo