Posted by: Stix | 2009-02-19

Ovulation after MC

Was 5 weeks pregnant and lost the baby naturally 3 weeks ago, how soon does ovulation start and how can I track it? Do I have to wait for a period?

Dear Stix

Spontaneous miscarriage ovulation will occur generally about 2 to 3 weeks after that episode. You can track ovulation by a urinary ovulation test kit that is commercially available at any pharmacy. You do not necessary have to wait for a period.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: nic | 2009-02-23

i had a mc and d& c, my gynae said i could try straight away and i fell pregnant straight away with no problems - so i say dont wait if you dont want to.

Reply to nic
Posted by: anon | 2009-02-20

i had miscarriage too, and the Doc suggested that i wait for few months before trying again cause the womb is still opened and if you conceive early you may miscariage again, but hey, it differ person to person. for ovulation you can buy yourself a ovulation predictor kit.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Pip | 2009-02-19

I had a mc at 9 weeks followed by a D& C. My doctor suggested waiting for at least 1 period. you can track the ovulation with ovulation predictor kits...

Reply to Pip