Posted by: sara | 2012-07-31

hi there, i have calculated my periods for the last 7 months, I have had a 29, 27, 27, 28, 29 ,28, 29 day cycle over these months...when I use an ovulation calender it askes me what the length of my cycle is...which length should I use as they differ each month....? Also, which is the first day of my period as I usually notice a very very light pink discharge when I go to the toilet, but the next day I''ll be on like normal. Should I take the first day as the day of the light pink discharge or the day I am fully on? Sorry, hope this all makes sense. I''m 37 and desperate to fall pregnant, I''ve had many laparosphopys in the past and a history of endo.

You can use an average of 28 days.The ovulation calculation may be out by a day or two but this is as close as you will get. Use the first day of full bleeding as the first day.