Question
Posted by: Lize | 2011/10/13

Ovulation

Does regular periods mean you are ovulating regularly?

I''ve been told I have PCOS and for some time I did not have regular periods - I went for up to 5 months without anything, but over the last year it completely changed to regular periods.

Dear Lize

Having regular periods usually means that ovulation is most likely occurring. Patients with PCOS often have a problem of not ovulating every month. There many tests that are available to see if you are ovulating, the best one would be to check a day-21 progesterone level and if that is high that would indicate that ovulation is taking place.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Lize | 2011/10/18

Thanks Doctor :)

Reply to Lize
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/18

Dear Lize

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert