Posted by: Anon | 2011-07-26

I have been using fertomid from day 5 -9 and used the Clearblue ovulation test kit too from Cycle day 11 to 14.The problem is as at the 14th day it did not show that i ovulated...I have regular cycles and would like to know if its anything to worry about as I am trying to fall pregnant.

Dear Anon

Occasionally it may be necessary to use two Clearblue ovulation test kits back to back since in some patient ovulation may occur earlier than expected and testing in such a situation mat be recommended from day-8 of your cycle and continue up to day-17 of the cycle so as to comprehensively cover either early or late ovulation. It is generally our practice that if no changes have been noticed by day-14 then an ultrasound scan is scheduled for the next day to evaluate what response if any has occurred from the ovaries.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim