Posted by: Tracey | 2010-09-22

Me and hubby are trying for our second baby, my period started 7 September, wich meens i shouldve ovulated from thursday 9 September up to Monday 20 Septermber, we had intercourse Tuesday 15 September, i started with a ovulation test kit tuesday untill sunday- no ovulation!! I fell pregnant with my first child the same day (tuesday) a year and a half ago, does this meen i might be preggs, is that why i did not ovulate, or was i suppose to ovulate even though i couldve been preggs from tuesday, please help i am really confused, and when can i go draw blood or do a urine test (earliest)

Dear Tracey
If you have a regular 28-day cycle and if your last period started on the 7th September, the earliest you should do a blood test for pregnancy would be around the 3-4th October. If your last period started on the 7th September then I don’t think you would have ovulated so quickly, you may be testing a little bit too early. The first day of your test should be around day 10 of a menstrual cycle, which would work out to around the 17th September and the urine ovulation test kit will then be used for the next 5 days.

Answered by Dr Dasoo