Question
Posted by: melanie | 2009-12-03

OVULATION

Hello

I have a cycle 32-35days apart , firstly is this considered normal?My 1st day of my last period was the 1st November and on day 14 I had a white discharge alot of it. My husband and I had intercourse on that day.
Was I ovulating and even tough i have a 33-35 day was not not too soon?

Dear Melanie

Your cycle length is certainly abnormal and any cycle beyond 32 days implies an ovulatory dysfunction due to hormonal imbalance. It is important to establish whether ovulation is delayed or whether it is occurring earlier but the post-ovulatory phase of your cycle is unduly prolonged. Furthermore in patients with this kind of history the likelihood of not ovulating should also be considered and in particular the condition of polycystic ovarian syndrome needs to be excluded. The white discharge it totally unreliable in situation as there are numerous causes which may confound this symptom. I would certainly consider ovulation monitoring under supervision of a gynaecologist in this situation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-12-09

Dear Melanie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert