Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2009-11-05

Ovulation

Hi Doc,

I have been on the pill for only one month, i started seeing my periods in May this year. This month' s period were very different, heavy and very dark with some sticky mucous. Now my questions:
have i been ovulating for the previous months or is my body just recovered from contraception? can you really have your period if you have not ovulated. i am really trying for a child and i beleive my body was still recovering, but am not sure if i am really ovulating and fertile. What is your take on this Doctor?

Dear Lizzy

It is possible to have not ovulated and still have your period. From what you have described to me it would be impossible for me to tell you if you have ovulated or not or if your menstrual cycles are in keeping with ovulation. As a general rule if one is having regular menstrual cycles then normally one is ovulating. However to find out if you are ovulating or not there are commercially available urinary tests kits that can be purchased from any pharmacy and this will help you to find out if you are ovulating and also it tells you when ovulation is taking place.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009-11-18

Dear Lizzy

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Cindy | 2009-11-09

I sterilised but had an accident lost my two kids, is there any chance to have a baby or any plans i can do to have a baby

Reply to Cindy