I was on nur isterate contraceptive and did not have periods at all. I have since stopped, Kindly tell me which oral contraceptives I can use so that I can start ovulating.

Thanks Doc

Dear Anonymous

By you taking any form of oral contraceptive will not help you start ovulating the use of the contraceptive is to create a menstrual period artificially and will prevent you from ovulating. You need to understand that your Nuristerate can take up to 6-9 months to clear out of your system before natural cycles will restart again. If however after a period of 9 months you still do not get your period and are still not ovulating then you will need to see your doctor so that he can give you some medication to help you ovulate this will not be the oral contraceptive pill.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo