Posted by: Simbi | 2009-05-27

Is it possible to get regular periods, but no ovulation? OPK' s shows no ovulation, and after my BFN IUI' s my previous FS said I had cysts, and that they are due to no ovulation from the follicles in that cycle? Is this possible? Is it treatable?

Dear Simbi

It is possible to have regular periods but no ovulation however this is unlikely as if one does have regular periods the chances are that ovulation is probably taking place. If your ovulation prediction kits are not showing if ovulation is taking place I would suggest that you do a day 21 progesterone level to ascertain for sure if ovulation is taking place or not. If however if ovulation is still showing that it’s not taking place then there are medications available to help you ovulation and this can be discussed with either your gynaecologist and/or your fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo