Question
Posted by: SusieQ | 2008/06/18

Ovulation

Is it possible to ovulate twice in one cycle? Using the midstream ovulation test kit I determined that i was ovulating (2 consecutive days showed a positive result), the third day showed a negative result so i assumed i had finished ovulating. day 4 i experienced an ache in the area of my right ovary, day 5 produced a positive ovulation result again. Could i be ovulating from both ovaries but at different times? (I had a laparoscopy for endometriosis stage 3, 3 months ago. Right ovary was found to be flipped over. this was rectified during the procedure)

Dear SusieQ
It is possible to ovulate twice in one cycle; however, this is a very uncommon occurrence.