Question
Posted by: Sasha | 2009-06-11

Ovulating??

I have a regular 25 day cycle like clockwork. What is the chances that i dont ovulate? I am ttc for a year now with no luck. Did the cd21 progesterone test which said i did ovulate. Husband did SA and all is fine. What could be wrong. Have a 4yr old conceived naturally, 1st month of ttc. Your input would be really appreciated as i dont know what next. Do you think a laprascopy is the next step or would/should my dr prescribe clomid even though the progesterone test says i ovulate.Thanx

Dear Sasha

If you have a regular 25-day cycle and your progesterone levels says that you ovulated and in addition your husband’s sperm is all fine then you have a good chance of conceiving. However it would be advisable for you to undergo a diagnostic laparoscopy to ensure that there are no abnormalities of the female anatomy, especially no endometriosis and in addition the fallopian tubes should be checked for patency. I would suggest that you do the laparoscopy first and if that is all normal then your doctor can put you on Clomid.

Dr Y.M. Dasoo