Question
Posted by: sara | 2012/08/02

ovlulation

hi there, i have calculated my last couple of periods over 7 months, I have had a 29, 27, 27, 28, 29 ,28, 29 cycle over these months...when I use an ovulation calender it askes me what the length of my cycle is...which length should I use as they differ each month....? Also, which is the first day of my period as I usually notice a very very light pink discharge when I go to the toilet, but the next day I''''ll be on like normal. Should I take the first day as the day of the light pink discharge or the day I am fully on? Sorry, hope this all makes sense. I''''m 37 and desperate to fall pregnant, I''''ve had many laparosphopys in the past and a history of endo.

Dear sara
I would suggest that you average menstrual cycle is 28 days, and that an ovulation is more likely occurring on day 14, give or take a day. You should start calculating from the first day of proper menstrual flow as day one.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

2
Posted by: Mmabatho eugenia Tseladimitloa | 2012/08/15

I had irregular periods and my doc put me back on Pill for 6mnths so that it will help to have regulate my period. will this help me to ovulate? I

Reply to Mmabatho eugenia Tseladimitloa
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/08/06

Dear sara
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert