Posted by: mo | 2009-03-30

overweight child

please help me with my child she is 8 years and alredy she is 38kg i need a menu to help her to look good and feel good about her self . pls prepare her some kind of a menu from monday to sunday. she plays a lot but her appitied is too much.

Dear Mo
I can unfortunately not work out individual menus for my Readers. If you click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Diets for Schoolchildren' you will see what and how much a child of 8 years should eat. Your lassie already weighs as much as a 12-year-old and needs urgent expert help. If possible please have her examined by a Paediatrician at the nearest hospital to see if these is a problem with her hormones that causes her to gain so much weight. Then it would also be important to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you with a diet that will reduce her weight, but still contain all the nutrients she needs for growth and good health. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet. Encourage your daughter to be as active as possible. Buy her a skipping rope and make sure that she skips for at least 30 min a day.
Holding thumbs for you and your lassie