Question
Posted by: ZIM$ | 2011/06/22

overweight & frustrated

HI ,
Im 27 years old and I weigh 120 kg what can I do coz I''ve tried several slimming products but none has helped. I need serious help.

Dear Zims
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘DietnFood’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

3
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/22

Sorry Me Again
I wouldnt waste money on slimming products. I''d rather eat and exercise and by a new wrap top (they fit for a while even if you lose weight) or jeans every second month I need a new one as the weight drops off. Or SHOES!!!! reward yourself for every 5 kilos - this means that every 2nd month I buy a new item of clothing instead of spending $ on empty promises and lies.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/22

why dont you start out slowly. I was also where you are in January this year (except I am 17 years older than you which makes it more challenging).
Start by walking a little each day - just 10 minutes to start with but preferably build up to 30 minutes. You can even break this up into 10 minute sessions at first until you are fit.
Drink water - about 3 litres a day but build up to it. I usually drink 2 glasses before every meal (I eat 6 times a day)
Consciously think about your food before eating it. Nibble your treats.
Make sure you eat enough fruit, vegetables, and dairy.
It is important not to starve yourself and not go hungry but try by eating the proper foods. I weigh 90kg now and am taking it slowly 5 kg at a time. I am starting to run in my 30 minute walk but also started out with just 10 minutes a day. Easy, slowly towards a new lifestyle. Losing weight is all ablout letting go of the guilt and your mindset! Good on you for making a start!

Reply to Lee

Dear Zims