Question
Posted by: Just Saying | 2012-08-23

Overweight

As I type this letter, I sit here with tears streaming down my face. Tears of joy, as I might have just been thrown a lifeline.
After following Fatty Boom Boom''s posts, I started exploring the option of bariatric surgery only to establish that the cost was way out of my reach at well over R100 000.00.

I am also severly overweight, and have struggled all my life with yo-yo dieting, losing, gainin, losing gaining, and with each gain, ending up larger than ever before. I have tried telling myself that I now accept myself the way I am, but I know that I am only lying to myself, becaue I hate how I feel and what I see in the mirror
I contacted my medical aid, who have confirmed that they will consider funding for bariatric surgery, provided I meet the clinical criteria.

I''m so excited I don''t know what to do with myself. I''m making my appointment to see a surgeon at the bariatric centre so here goes.........

Hey, thanks so much for reporting tears of joy ! What a pleasant change ! Dont get too excited, as the decisions of medical aids are mysterious, but this does sound promising. Medical Aids do need to recognize that such surgery may be very cost-effective if they work in reducing many of your other present and future problems related to the excess weight. And don't forget that good advice from a dietician and on exercise, is still useful and effective.
Let us know how things proceed

1

Let us know how things proceed