Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2012/08/17

Overweight

Hi there, I am heavy over weight. I do gym and eat much healthier and dont lose weight. Is it possible that I have a under active thyroid? If so please help I need to lose about 35 - 40 Kgs. I need a workout and what food I can eat to help me to lose the weight.

Dear Annelize
If you suspect that you may have an underactive thyroid or any other hormone imbalance (e.g. insulin resistance or polycystic ovary syndrom), then it is essential for you to have a medical examination. Ask your medical doctor to test you for such hormone imbalances. In the meanwhile, you can reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Diet & Nutrition’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (the dangers of diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects of slimming, etc) by also checking out the ‘Weight Loss’ section and exploring the site.

1

Dear Annelize