Question
Posted by: sweety | 2011/05/17

Overweight

I am overweight (obesity) if thats the word weight 132 kg''s. I do not eat most raw veggies, but I love fruit though ecept strawberries and kiwi. Please help me with what to eat as I cannot sit back and wait for more and more extra weight. I started already with my own eating plan not sure if its going to work. went from 6 slices white bread to 2 slices whole wheat per day. from 5 days red meat to 2 days red meat.slack a bit on gas cooldrinks to some days juice in between. Does Doc think this will help, is not not enough as I am on this for 2 weeks now but scared to weigh just in case I didi not loose any weight and would be disappointed. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Sweety
Just reducing some of the food you eat, will only cause weightloss if your total daily energy intake is less than your total daily energy requirement. The changes you have made to your diet are positive, but you need to cut out all sweetened cold drinks and large quantities of fruit juice, because liquid sugar has been found to cause more weight gain than eating solid sugar (don't eat lots of solid sugar either). To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 min a day (brisk walking, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
You do need to weigh yourself once a week to see if you are losing weight, so be brave and step on that scale. Keep a record of your weightloss to encourage you to stick to your diet and exercise.

1

Dear Sweety