Question
Posted by: judy | 2010/11/03

overweight

Hi doctor,
I am 50 years old, weigh 120kg, with high blood pressure and heart failure. What can i do to loose weight please? I am desperate, i sit the whole day (my work) but drink a lot of water. try to get some exercise, but not enough,
thanks
Judy

Hallo Judy
The best would be to join a group like Weigh less or Weight Watchers or see a dietician to work out a diet that will suit your lifestyle. Small changes like walking more, taking the stairs instead of the lift will make a difference over months. Plan to lose no more than 4 kg per month for it to be sustainable. You can also look on the Health 24 website under "diet" for great ideas, recipies, diets and exercise tips.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/03

Hallo Judy