Question
Posted by: Angel | 2010/01/19

Overweight

My 11 month old baby is overweight, what can i feed her to loose weight, her weight is 5 times more that her birth weight. what kind of food must i give her!

Dear Angel
Because your lassie is under the age of 1 year, it is essential that you have her assessed by a clinical dietitian who will also advise what foods she should eat and how much and also how much milk or formula she should be drinking. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. One cannot put such small children on a 'diet' but the dietitian will guide you to possibly reduce her portion sizes and the volumes of milk/formula that she drinks. This is not something I can do for you over the Internet.

1

Dear Angel