Question
Posted by: Dexter | 2009-11-03

Overweight

I am 37-years old, have two kids aged 8 and 3, I am 1.72 m in height and weigh 93.5 kg.

I have never been a small person but ±  6-months I had myself sterilised and since then gained ±  10 kgs. Don' t get me wrong, I love my food and sometimes binge, but can being sterilised play a part in my weight gain.

How do I get my mind on the right track again. I am usually an extrovert and normally love the ' limelight' , but now I' ve become an introvert and have stopped socialising.

Thanks,

Dear Dexter
I do not think that the sterilisation has had a physiological effect on your weight gain, but it may well have had a psychological effect. This could either be depression because you are not longer a woman capable of giving birth to a child, or conversely that the feeling of liberation has made you relax to the extent that you now overeat. If any one of these psychological effects do apply to you then please consult a clinical psychologist to help you work through your loss of childbearing potential or your feeling of "anything goes". Your present BMI = 31,6 which is very high. I would recommend that you discuss the use of a slimming product such as Xenical or Cipramil/Reductil with your dr and then combine the therapy with a low-fat, energy-reduced diet and plenty of daily exercise.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-03

Dear Dexter