Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-10

Overweight?

My son is 4.5 years old. He is 109cm tall and weighs 22kg' s
Is this too much?

Dear Anon
Your lad has a BMI of 18,5 which would already classify him as obese. Please consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help him with a balanced slimming diet that will still promote normal growth. Also encourage him to be as active as possible - take him for walks, let him join an activity group and make sure he does not sit in front of the TV for hours on end.
Dietdoc

4
Posted by: aNoN | 2009-02-13

Google it ... it doesn' t work the same as adults!!
According to kidshealth DOT org/parent/nutrition_fit/nutrition/bmi_charts DOT html
he is obese!

Reply to aNoN
Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-11

I hardly think he is obese. He wears 2-3 year old pants!

Posted by: Me too | 2009-02-11

Relax " Me" ... Have you thought about the fact that the regular BMI calculations only apply to adults? Maybe it works differently for children...

Reply to Me too
Posted by: Me | 2009-02-11

I' m shocked!! A BMI of 18,5 is NOT obese. How can Dietdoc say this!!! It is shoking!!!

Reply to Me