Posted by: Cookie | 2010-01-22

I work for a company as an internal salesperson.They expect me to lock up after hours(which can be 11h00 at night) every third week.My working hours are from 07h15 to 16h30 Monday to Friday and I am expected to work two Saturdays a month.I am getting paid no overtime and my salary was decreased with 10% last year April because of ' the economy' .We are not earning any commission as we were promised bonusses in December.The sales staff did not receive bonusses at all,while the rest of the staff did receive bonusses(even the filing clerk and the cleaning lady)Can I refuse to lock up?(Since I am not getting overtime or time off?)There are two people working in the yard who gets paid to lock up.None of the female employees have to lock up.The manager never locks up

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You may refuse to lock up if they are not paying you for the time spent.

Posted by: Whena | 2010-01-23

You cannot be expected to work overtime without being paid for it.

Were your salary reduced by mutual consent or not?

What does your contract of emplyment say regarding the payment of bonusses?

Reply to Whena