Question
Posted by: liza | 2009-08-27

Overly sensative and emotional boyfriend

My boyfriend is extremely sensative and emotional.He is a cop and has a very stressful job etc (if that makes a difference) Everytime I want to talk to him about something he thinks I am going to break up with him and he misconstrues what I say as wanting to break up with him when I try to tell him my feelings when I am unhappy about something.. He also says he is very jelous of me and the thought of other men interacting with me makes him mad. He jokingly accuses me of having another boyfriend (which is not the case) and it makes me uncomfortable. He is 37 and has had 1 failed marrige and engagement as these females cheated on him.I am 26. HOw can I make him see that I will never hurt him or do anything like that to him.

He sounds awfully insecure ( relationship-wise ) and would surely benefit from some individual counselling ( and to deal with his insecurities and excessive jealousy ) --- but how would he react, as a first stage, to a suggestion from you that you'd like to strengthen your relationship with him, with some sessions of relationship counselling. Clearly his previous bad relationship experiences are still haubnting him, and he may be interested in understanding those better and learning how best to prevent thm, in such counselling.

2
Posted by: Sor | 2009-08-28

Please please please - make sure this is what you want. Because he is not going to grow better - and the so called ' klip in die bos'  way of jokeing about other boyfriends, is to read your face. It is a way to try and get information.
Remember, this man is already on retaliation if a normal conversation about your relationship happen, and it will not get better - not even counceling!
So if you can handle this - it is a lifetime commitment!
Remember - this is a person with all the recources to know your every step....

Reply to Sor
Posted by: Jp | 2009-08-28

Be careful guys like that are dangerous one day he will shoot you

Reply to Jp