Question
Posted by: zan | 2010/06/04

overian failaure

am a 23yrs of age and only got my period abt 3 times and my doctor said tht might be ging thru premature menopause and took test which came out as my fhs levels are high and gve talets to test if a still can get my period...... sfter tht got my periods to three days and neva again within two years now............recently hve bee to my doc again said tht a got overian faliure and must be on homonal treatmnt fo rthe rest of my life...............JUST FOUND OUT ABT DHEA AND WAS TESTED IN CANADA WHICH FOUND MOST WOMEN IN MY CASE TO METURE THEY EGGS AND GET PREGNENT............TELL ME MORE ABT D.H.E.A

Dear Zan

Unfortunately the distinction has to be made between premature ovarian failure and premature menopause. In the case of premature menopause there are no eggs remaining and therefore no amount of stimulation or treatment would result in ovulation or pregnancy. However in the case of premature ovarian failure occasionally one can get spontaneous reversal and recovery for a short period during which ovulation can occur and hence conception is possible. However to distinguish on between the two it is sometimes necessary to do an ovarian biopsy or at least a laparoscopy.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/06/14

Dear Zan

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert