Posted by: DesparateMom | 2009-02-03

Overdose of Tegretol CR 400

Good Morning. I need urgenly to know what longterm damage an overdose of Tegretol CR 400 cna do . My son(age 18) tried to kill himself Sunday by huffing too much Glue and I only discover that he had swollowed all of his tegretols aswell. We found him Sunday night in a state that looks like he have brain seizurs. I thought that this was as a result of too many glue . Kept him quiet and watched hil the whole night. He is now somewhat ok but still little bit unstabel on his feet. He need to take his medication but I am afraid that if the tegretols is still in his system this can result to another overdose!

Dear Desperate Mom
Please take him to the doctor as soon as possible - they need to draw blood to determine his tegretol blood levels before he takes any more medication. The controlled release absorbs very slowly -he may need admission to the hospital.

Posted by: Em mahmoud | 2016-01-23

My son took an overdose tegrrok cr 400 his 20years old i gave him milk and oil .did he need hospital reply plz

Reply to Em mahmoud
Posted by: amit singh | 2014-08-09

Good mor sir , 25 years old my wife taken overdose 10 tablets at a timetime of tegritol 400 tables, she is addmited in hospital, what can I do sir , I have mentally pressure . give me suggestion sir.

Reply to amit singh