Overdose of anti-histamines?

I developed a raised, circular rash around my elbows.
The first occasion this happened was about five months ago. I was under allot of stress, took anti-histamines (for relief of allergic reaction to flea bites), and developed a cold sore and the mentioned rash on my arms.
At that time I thought it might be ringworm, but the doctor said it was just stress related eczema.
Now the same rash returned. First I stared taking anti-histamines again, within a few days I got the flu followed by the rash.
My question: is it possible to over dose on anti-histamines and/ or does it have a negative effect if you combine more than one type? Could this have led to my rash, or is it just a lowered immune system?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Yes, you can indeed overdose on antihistamines. Certain anitihistamines may also have skin reactions as a side-effect. Which anti-histamine have you been taking and at what dose?

I took allergex and AP-loratadine mostly. The dose was about 2-3 tablets a day.